Our team here at Delicious has been working hard on a number of exciting developments that we can’t wait to share with the community! We’ll have more to say soon about what’s to come, but for now, here are a few updates we wanted to let you know about:
Introducing the Delicious-Facebook Connector
We know finding links you’ve shared on Facebook can be a pain, which is why we’re thrilled to announce the introduction of our new Facebook Connector for Delicious! Much like the Twitter Connector we rolled out in March, our new connector imports every link you’ve ever shared on your wall, and can even maintain the original privacy settings given to your links on Facebook!
The Facebook Connector can be found on the sources page of your account settings. We can’t wait for you guys to try it out!
Consolidating tags and stacks
We introduced stacks last year as a visually rich way to think about your links and we’ve been blown away by the amazing content you’ve created. But given the upcoming launch of new products from Delicious’ parent company, AVOS, and our focus on simplifying the Delicious site, we realized the value of stacks is limited for our users moving forward.
For this reason, we’ve decided to simplify how users organize links on Delicious by consolidating stacks into tags. Users will no longer be able to create stacks on Delicious starting in early August, 2012.
So what does this mean for existing stacks?
- You will not lose your links.
- All stacks will be converted automatically into tags. Stack titles will transition into new tag names, and will be applied to all links currently in a stack.
- Stack-specific descriptions, categories, comments, link order, and stack followers will not be included as part of the migration.
- Your existing links, tags, and notes outside of stacks will not be affected.
- More details on the conversion process are available here.
These changes are a direct result of feedback from our community. We welcome all input – good or bad – so please continue sharing your thoughts, comments, or questions with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We’ll have more to say soon here on our blog about the exciting developments we’ve been working on – so stay tuned!