We’re excited to announce the release of the brand new Delicious!
Delicious first launched in September of 2003 (then known as del.icio.us), and to celebrate our ten year anniversary we’ve rebuilt Delicious from the ground up. It’s faster, easier to use, and a whole lot more… well, delicious.
Music by Andre Burgos
We listened to your feedback and improved every aspect of the site — adding new features, improving current ones, and even bringing back a few old favorites.
With ten years of bookmarking comes ten years of community-curated links, tags, comments, and bundles — an extremely powerful resource that gets more valuable with every single save. We’re harnessing the nearly one billion links on Delicious into an unparalleled tool for search and discovery.
Quite a bit! The entire site has been streamlined into a single-column layout for faster navigation without any clutter, and we’ve made some other improvements.
- Tags and tag bundles are accessible from the top of every page.
- Links can be searched or filtered by tag with a single click.
- Double click any link to add it to your collection or edit one of your existing bookmarks.
- The Discover feed is now personalized. See relevant links from your feed when you connect with Twitter.
Delicious is still all about you. Your links, your tags, your rules. We’ve dusted off the digital archives and brought back a few of oft-requested features, including:
- Comprehensive tagging tools, with the ability to add tags to multiple links at once.
- Search tags and sort results by recent or popular.
- Stats for how often a bookmark has been saved and who was the first to add each link.
- Your own personal tag cloud.
What’s to come?
We’re only just getting started. This new design is a direct response to responses from the Delicious community, so we absolutely still want to hear your feedback. In the coming months, we’ll be consistently pushing out new updates, features, apps (yes, Android), browser extensions, and more — so stay tuned!
Thanks to everyone in the community for ten great years of bookmarking.
Here’s to many more!