note:all times in Pacific Time
The database upgrades yesterday completed successfully without substantial impact on the reliability of Delicious.com site. As a result, our site is significantly faster and more responsive!
Outstanding issues at this time:
- Logins by Facebook, Google, and Twitter are problematic for IOS8 devices like the iPhone 6. Delicious is not the only site having trouble!
- For some accounts, the authentication to these social networks has expired. If you get an error using social authentication, you may need to re-authorize Delicious on that network. The easiest way is in the Delicious settings tab “social,” disconnect the social network, and connect again. We are working with these networks to develop a permanent solution.
- Some links URLs, especially in African and east Asian countries, contain non-English characters, and our system has trouble saving most of them. Our engineering team is working on a solution to this.
- Some users have forgotten their username. Currently the only way on the site to retrieve forgotten usernames is to log in using Facebook, Google, or Twitter. Based on the feedback we’ve gotten, we are working on a feature that allows users to look up their username by their email address.
- We highly encourage users to connect all social networks they use, to protect their account in case they forget their username or email.
Delicious.com site operations
Current Status: Database Upgrades
As our systems are upgraded, you may experience brief interruptions to Delicious.com service lasting no more than 15 minutes at a time between now to 9:00pm.
Service restored. Next maintenance scheduled for 10/24/14 5:00PM
Critical upgrades are in progress. Some users may experience interruptions accessing their links on Delicious.com
Infrastructure upgrades will continue today with minimal perceivable impact on performance and reliability.
Infrastructure upgrades are starting now. Expect brief interruptions over the next 30 minutes.
Hotfix deployment completed successfully without service interruption. The root cause of the outage at Amazon Web Services is pending their investigation, but many small improvements and bug fixes have been made to the reliability, performance, and monitoring of Delicious.com.
Hotfix deployment began
Hotfix tests reveal further issues, delaying deployment until 4pm.
Hotfix is being tested, release scheduled 10/22/14 12:00pm.
Although service has been restored, an emergency hotfix is being prepared. Please stay tuned!
Delicious.com is currently experiencing service interruptions caused by our cloud provider Amazon Web Services. Please be patient as we actively work on the issue. Your bookmarks are intact!
Delicious.com was unavailable to some users due to an outage at our service provider